The Cognitive Impairment Advisory Group provides expertise and support to the Commission’s Cognitive Impairment Program. In particular, the group provides leadership and advice on the implementation of the Caring for Cognitive Impairment campaign.
The Cognitive Impairment Advisory Group during a meeting.
The group consists of:
- Professor Sue Kurrle (Chair), Geriatrician Researcher, Cognitive Decline Partnership Centre
- Dr Glenn Arendts, Emergency Physician, Australasian College of Emergency Medicine
- Ms Cath Bateman, Clinical Nurse Consultant Project Officer, NSW Rural Confused Hospitalised Older Person’s Program (CHOPS)
- Ms Maree McCabe, Chief Executive Officer, Alzheimer’s Australia
- Ms Christine Bryden, Dementia Advocate, Queensland
- Associate Professor Gideon Caplan, Geriatrician Researcher, Australasian Delirium, Association, Australian and New Zealand Society of Geriatric Medicine (ANZSGM)
- Ms Mary Etty-Leal, Deputy Director of Pharmacy, The Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Dr Keren Harvey, Geriatrician and Clinical Director, Metro North Hospital and Health Service, Queensland Statewide Older Persons Clinical Network
- Ms Joan Jackman, Carer Advocate, NSW
- Dr Dina LoGuidice, Consultant Geriatrician Researcher, University of Melbourne
- Ms Andrea Lomman, Senior Policy Officer, Sub acute, Community and Aged Care Directorate Department of Health, WA
- Professor Dimity Pond, General Practitioner Researcher, School of Medicine and Public Health University of Newcastle
- Fred Tanner, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander representative
- Associate Professor Bruce Waxman, RACS Skills Centre Medical Director, Royal Australian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Ms Deidre Widdall, Project Officer, Cognitive Care Project, NT
- Dr Juanita Westbury, Senior Lecturer, Researcher University of Tasmania
- Associate Professor Mark Yates, Geriatrician Researcher, Dementia Care in Hospital Program
- Ms Peggy Bain, Clinical Neuropsychologist, Allied Health Professions Australia
- Ms Sue Mclean, Australian Private Hospitals Association
- Ms Heather Nichols, Nurse Unit Manager, Cognitive Care program, Tasmania
The Cognitive Impairment Advisory Group at the launch of the campaign. From L-R Deidre Widdall, Sue Mclean, Christine Bryden, Cath Bateman, Bruce Waxman, Heather Nichols (in front), Mary Etty-Leal, Gideon Caplan, Dina LoGuidice, Mark Yates, Dimity Pond, Carol Bennett, and Keren Harvey.